Do you want to be part of a dynamic and energetic team that is on the cutting edge of Radio Access Network deployment and operations support? The West Region Operations is looking for a resourceful and experienced individual to help shape the technical direction of the team.
The vision of the West Region Operations (WROPs) team is:
The Senior engineer will be the Nokia Engineer / Developer for the T-Mobile USA West Region Radio Access Network Operations team.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the team that provides Radio Access Network automation for:
The West Region markets have both Nokia and Ericsson RAN equipment.
The West Region Operations team operates on both day and night shifts. This role does require work during the day or night, based on the shift cycle.
This person will be responsible for managing and developing tools and supporting documentation that can automatically apply national / regional standards, processes, and best practices to the production Radio Access Network. This consistently requires a great deal of "out of box" thinking and complex analysis of software problems within the network.
This position will also perform mentoring and training duties to Junior and Senior engineers.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, effective communication, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
· In depth understanding of Nokia HW, SW and OSS for 2G, UMTS, LTE
· Develop tools and automation processes for teams supporting RF, Switch and Field Operations personnel
· Develops national or regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RAN engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
· Execute changes to network sites
· Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities
· Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
· Works closely with national / regional or market teams on national/regional projects, new initiatives and overall support of deployment, performance and optimization activities to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with overall strategy and to maximize efficiency within the organization. Must be able to work in multi-function team that may extend across multiple geographic regions and timezones.
· Ensures new releases and features are clearly communicated to engineering teams and appropriate training is provided to maximize value
· Interpret technical specifications in accordance with Wireless industry standards, including :
3GPP, ITUT, IETF, ANSI and vendor documentation.
· Acts as a mentor for junior Engineering staff. Required to develop training materials and host training sessions both internal and to other West Region teams
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
· Recent experience on Nokia HW /SW / OSS
· Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams
· Experienced in the use of different programming languages and programming methodology.
The following languages are a minimum: SQL / .net / C++, C# or Java / Python / XML / Unix
· Experience in multi-group projects
· Strong in Technical Writing and presentation skills
· Able to develop and articulate technical strategies
· Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
· Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
· Legally authorized to work in the United States.
· Nokia 5G , LAA
· Utilization of SW management tools, such as GIT
· Mastery of Ericsson and Nokia OSS, configuration command structure and deployment configurations.
· Understanding of End to End (Ue to Core) signaling / userplane and configuration
· Experienced in GSM, UMTS and LTE technology.
· Telecom Operator standard operations method of work procedures
· Technical project management, experience in SCRUM / Agile workflows
· Big data analytics
· 8-10+ years Computer Engineering experience
· 2+ years RAN Engineering experience
In lieu of degree, experience within telecom industry may be considered