Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
- Work well with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Drive evaluation and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product teams
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Apache Spark
- Apache Kafka
- Git (Github Enterprise)
- ELK + Grafana
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills.