The Sr System Design Engineer’s role is to drive product ownership including customer business relationships and product development prioritization so requires a broad skillset in technology and product management. This role will track progress toward design, validation and deployment of technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems.
Specific tasks to oversee may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met.
Procurement of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network designs. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Technical Product Management: Develop & drive strategy including product vision and customer goals, collecting and promoting the most relevant ideas into features, tracking product and customer roadmaps to identify what user stories will be written and prioritized, and working with cross-functional teams to deliver a complete customer experience.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems used. Able to document systems designs, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that supports business goals.
- Supplemental Region/Market Functions:
o Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network
o Development of optimization features and processes
o Provides capacity plans and performance reports o Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across
o Supports performance related lab and FOA activities
o Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile’s Network
o Feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services
o In depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies
o Development and deployment of network technology software/automation reporting and tools to meet internal customer and business requirements
o Collect, process and evaluate market/regional analytics to identify further business CAPEX spend and OPEX SavingsSTUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- 5+ Years Technical Product Management experience
- 5+ Years’ experience managing or developing in Demand Management or ITSM applications like JIRA, Rally, or ServiceNow.
- Proven experience delivering quality software applications
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent