Sr Engineer, Systems Design – Infrastructure Delivery Architect
Do you have a desire to help drive the future direction of the T-Mobile Infrastructure? Is there a passion within you for helping IT customers achieve their technology goals? If so, this could be the position for you! T-Mobile engineering is looking for the ideal candidate to join a staff of passionate change agents helping to realize digital transformation through innovative technology infrastructure solutions. If systems architecture, hands on engineering, and customer focus is your thing, then apply!
Now, a little more about our Senior Systems Engineer positions: The System Design Engineer’s role is to design, validate and deploy technical solutions to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Network and Systems. Specific tasks may include the development and maintenance of designs for the network, applications, data centers, connectivity, validation plans, monitoring systems, reporting systems and engineering tools. The priority of these designs is to maximize reliability, performance, and efficiency while limiting costs and time to market. Responsibilities may include the evaluation and translation of requirements into design, evaluate design benefits and tradeoffs, validate design compliance and support deployment of the design to ensure the requirements were met. Development of tools may be required in order to most efficiently solve technical or business challenges including technology evolution, capacity management, and performance optimization. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to convey design benefits to a wide range of audiences. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Strategic end to end dimensioning, planning and performance of the network o Development of optimization features and processes
- Provides capacity plans and performance reports
- Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across
- Supports performance related lab and FOA activities
- Systems Engineering and design of T-Mobile’s Network
- Feasibility analysis of new technologies, products, features, and services
- In depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies
- Development and deployment of network technology software/automation reporting and tools to meet internal customer and business requirements
- Collect, process and evaluate market/regional analytics to identify further business CAPEX spend and OPEX Savings
- Partners with the business to drive strategy, prioritization, approach, and goals of initiative.
- Prepares high level server infrastructure solution design documentation.
- Manages internal customer onboarding activities, including breakdown of product requirements and scope definition.
- Define technology strategy approach for initiatives and to provide recommendations on data center infrastructure scope delivery solution design.
- Project Delivery
- Delivers technology solutions working in a cross-team environment to complete analysis, design, and project management.
- Resolves escalation for technical solution or delivery issues.
- Assists in day-to-day management of business stakeholder relationships on cross domain initiatives
- Relationship and People Management
- Identifies, analyzes, and synthesizes information, applying critical thought to present the information in a clear and meaningful way appropriate to audience (project team members, executive management, etc.).
- Partners across multiple Infrastructure Service teams, and Business to ensure clarity on assessment impacts in alignment with scope of project or initiative.
- Communicates technical and functional requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from across the organization to design and implement solutions
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs.
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- 5+ years’ Experience Architecting and Engineering Technology Solutions
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities.
- Strong communications skills verbally and written
- Experience in delivering mid-sized to large business/technology initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize customer requirements into data center infrastructure designs that meet customer needs and comply with applicable design policies.
- Strongly Preferred
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure and associated services
- Knowledge of service management
- Knowledge of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), Containers, Cloud Technologies
- ITIL knowledge or certification such as foundation, continuous service improvement, service management.
- PMP, Lean or Six Sigma certifications a plus.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience