Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital wireless voice and data technology standards.
Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture located in Bellevue, WA will be responsible for designing and developing the capacity strategy for the Radio Access Network, as well as providing network insights and cost/profitability analysis to the Senior leadership team within Engineering, Finance and marketing teams to support new Un-Carrier services and new pricing initiatives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Build the strategic vision for the network and services evolution through the creation of an NCP (National Capacity Plan) and communicate it to the Finance, Contract, and National/Regional Engineering teams.
- Design and provide 5-year capacity plans and reports for RAN network nodes and interfaces in the T-Mobile network, and ensure that new services and new technologies come with associated planning, dimensioning rules and funding.
- Evaluate and assess the network/customer impact and cost from network changes and the introduction of new technologies, services or platforms into the network.
- Prepare and analyze data for network insights; communicate insights to influence business decisions and to adapt the marketing strategy of sales, new services, or new plans as well as customer experience improvement.
- Apply statistical and mathematical skills to identify traffic trends and profiles and analyze drivers to improve the overall network management process.
- Work with national teams and guide regional teams to best dimension the network for optimal tradeoffs between cost and quality.
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- 2+ Years of Finance or budget planning experience preferred
- Strong knowledge in 3G/4G/5G technologies
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to build consensus across the team and external teams
- Analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ready to learn
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and SQL. Knowledge of Tableau/Alteryx is a definite plus
- Knowledge of Big Data Processing and data analytics experience is a plus
- Understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. (E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI) is a plus
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
- Masters Degree Preferred
- MBA a plus
License or Certification