Sr Engineer, Systems Analysis
The System Analysis' role is to develop and evolve solutions and perform data driven analysis to enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile network performance. Specific tasks may include the creation, adaption, or revision of scripted automation solutions, driving big data analysis of network and service architecture. May be required to perform, evaluate, or interpret network performance data, test results, or leading edge technology studies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Technical Analysis Expertise: Understands how to gather and analyze data flows from various sources (API, Databases, CDRs etc). Aware of current technology benefits in data collection and data manipulation. Expected to lead and deliver complex network and service performance analysis, design strategies and solutions to meet business needs. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Ability to translate complex technical issues in terms of business impact and business benefits.
- Technical Development Expertise: Drives automation and data collection projects by active contribution to the application of development techniques; conducting tests and ensuring redundancy and reliability into productions solutions. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops scripts and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network performance. Creates web based front ends for data display, and process tooling along with documentation of all scripted solutions. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing architecture, design strategies, standards, and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions. Drives investigations, leading to new technology concepts that may solve business problems.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impact.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization around architecture, design strategies and standards. Drives lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concept.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals. Evaluates technologies and proposes technology position for the company within own VP organization.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Scriptingexperience with Python or Perl
- Professional experience using development languages or tools (e.g., Python, J2EE Application Framework, Apache)
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- The ability to work after hours or weekends, as needed.
- Experience in development of large scale automation through scripting strongly desired
- Experience collecting and driving analysis on large data sets strongly desired
- Professional experience designing and developing solutions with database backends (Oracle, mySQL, MSSQL) strongly desired
- Professional experience designing and developing applications on Unix operating systems (RedHat) strongly desired
- Experience working with reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or Business Objects strongly desired
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.