Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Sr. Engineer - System Center Configuration Manager to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Sr. Engineer - System Center Configuration Manager will primarily be responsible for maintaining the SCCM system to ensure reliability and optimization for the enterprise. The ability to understand and collaborate on the relationship of the SCCM infrastructure and the user-facing applications is critical, and a key attribute of the ideal candidate. Responsibilities include systems design, implementation, solution research and troubleshooting of complex issues, primarily within the context of the SCCM environment.
The Sr. Engineer - System Center Configuration Manager will also be responsible for providing technical leadership for strategic projects and initiatives on the roadmap, as well as participating in more general server, storage and desktop architecture efforts.
Furthermore, the Sr. Engineer - SCCM will collaborate with Desktop Engineers, SMEs, and other Systems Engineers to apply and support best practices for server building, application packaging and deployment, user experience management, security, change management, user account management and documentation.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated an ability to work through problems under high pressure situations while still providing a professional demeanor.
Your day to day role will include:
- 5+ years of experience in desktop, networking and infrastructuretechnologies, including all aspects of designing, implementing and supporting systems at the engineering level
- 5+ years of experience managing a large (+6000 nodes) SCCM environment
- Experience with as many of the following technologies: Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows registry, Mandatory Profiles, DNS, DHCP, DFS, EMET, Windows7 / Server 2008 R2 / Server 2012 R2, Windows10, Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with all other IT members, users of system, and clients
- Must have customer service attitude and ability to work well with other groups
- Superior understanding of the business’ goals and objectives, with demonstrated ability to applytechnology in solving business problems
- Strong organizational skills, capability to schedule and coordinate multiple activities in results-oriented environment. Initiative and ability to enforce policies and procedures through influence
- Highly available and responsive to occasional after-hours issues, as the business operates on a near 24/7 basis.
- Mentor and develop team members
- Drive awareness and adoption of key tools and technologies
- Expected to demonstrate technical competence
- Lead the specification of current and future-state services and construct an attainable roadmap to achieve the desired future-state driven by R1 RCM business and end-user requirements
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key service providers and technology partners
- Collaborates with peers in development & delivery of technology services
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring and reporting on controls compliance
- Ensures that appropriate tools or mechanisms exist to deliver world-class services and processes exist and/or are developed as appropriate
- Works within and with other IT departments to define appropriate strategies for improving processes and procedures, develop, and implement changes and improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other technical discipline, and/or 10+ years of experience including 5years related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of IT experience in areas of increasing responsibility with Engineer or Sr. Engineer-level experience managing System Center Configuration Manager
- Exceptional collaboration, teamwork, negotiation, influence, and relationship-building skills at all levels internally and externally
- Proven experience is successfully delivering infrastructure to support demanding business project time lines and quality standards.
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!