• Participate in process sustaining, definition and improvement, design, development and quality test activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to sequence genomes.
• Troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions in a production environment to meet production goals.
• Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
• Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
• Represent Operations needs on development teams.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures for Production to process product.
• Work on teams to develop and transfer new processes/products to production and enhance their robustness.
• Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
• High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
• Experience with chemical processes (preferably organic) preferred.
• Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques is a plus.
• Experience with high volume production in a high tech, high volume consumables industry is a plus.
• High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is strongly desired.
• Experience with product development processes and project management is a plus.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
• B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, Bioinformatics or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, with at least 6+ years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
• Recent or near term college graduates are encouraged toapply.