LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for highly skilled, self-motivated, exceptional Senior SQL Server DBA/Architect to help us scale our organization and our infrastructure in support of a rapidly growing business.
This position will be part of our Business Applications Systems Operations team, focused specifically on Microsoft technology-based infrastructure.
The individual hired for this role should have experience with SQL Server and other Microsoft technology stacks and be able to work on multiple projects.
- Perform SQL Server database administration functions, including maintenance of multiple environments (development, testing, and production), patching, troubleshooting, object maintenance (e.g. partition, table, index, users/roles) creation/maintenance, space management, SSIS & SSRS deployments, and security management.
- Install, configure and administer other Microsoft products such as Power BI Report Server, Azure data gateway.
- Provide direction for technologies such as SQL Server database, Power BI and Azure Stack.
- Support development teams on-going projects to ensure that development effort meets standards. This includes but not limited to access and change control related procedures.
- Architect and implement disaster recovery systems and perform regular system backups to protect integrity of financial and other data in order for systems to have 100% availability.
- Write scripts in PowerShell/SQL/Python to automate maintenance tasks such as database clones, monitoring and backups.
- Be available 24x7 for production on-call, participate in on-call rotation and weekend maintenance work.
- Work with other operations teams on any infrastructure issues such as server performance, network issues, etc.
- Work with Support and Development teams to provide 3rd tier support when issues cannot be resolved at a lower level.
- Follow SOX compliance with all security policies and procedures.
- Document and maintain all the support and operational processes and procedures.
- 8+ years of working experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016 Administration.
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI and SQL server management studio.
- Must have an experience of SQL Server environments including High Availability, Replication, Disaster Recovery and Cluster Environment.
- Experience with SQL Server backup and recovery.
- Experience working in a cluster-based, multi-node, Always On, High Availability environment.
- B.A/B.S or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge on Power BI, Azure Stack and Data Warehouse.
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and Linux OS is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with .NET programming technology concepts.
- 2+ years software development experience.
- 2+ years working experience with Windows Domains and Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Azure and other cloud-based technologies a plus.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Services including IIS and SMTP.
- Expert level knowledge of developing complex Data Warehouses.
- Expert in writing Powershell and Python scripts.
- Extensive Administration knowledge on Microsoft Windows platform including Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience of database management in the Azure cloud environment.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance tuning and overall server configurations.
- General knowledge of networking concepts such as subnetting, IPV4 routing protocols and overall network connectivity.