The EDP platform team defines the strategy, architecture & capabilities roadmap for the delivery pipeline that will support all applications. Build, support and continuously improve the capabilities to enable CI/CD and DevOps for all of our dev teams.
The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems and applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting or business intelligence systems as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. They build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases
- Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
- Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency
- Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making
Deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Customer Focused and Value based development
Technology & System
- Hands-on code, build, automate, setup, configure, transform their given area
- Automation and Self-Service Mindset.
- Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self-service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increased time to value.
- Identify and automate all repeatable manual task
- Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them
- Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
- Deep experience in groovy and java, and corresponding IDEs and frameworks
- Angular experience is desired but not required
- Must have intermediate git experience, desired for advanced
- Advanced Expertise in all CI/CD tools, such as bitbucket, github, jenkins, artifactory, sonarQube etc
- Experience in defensive programming, with testing focused on abuse-cases
- API/microservices development experience with canary and A/B testing
- Pragmatic unit testing with experience in popular frameworks such as testNG/Junit/Jacoco
Software Lifecycle Management – Review / Coach / QA / Standards Compliance
- Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources – code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management.
- Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of dev work and documentation is maintained
- Understand your customer’s pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality
Strategy / Innovation / Market Research
- Understand latest technologies, continuously improve, optimize processes, automation, etc
Capability/Platform Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area – SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc.
- Unique and specialized skills for each team/capability/platform area.
- Documentation: authoring and reviewing comprehensive low level designs (and open to share prior scrubbed artifacts)
- Operations background - ability to DRIVE troubleshooting in complex situations, and a sense of ownership
- 'Experience in authoring and implementing swaggers and restful APIs
- Minimum 5 years’ Application Development Experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience designing and developing applications on one RDBMS (Oracle or SQL 2000).
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, Siebel, Oblix, etc.).
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Unix or Windows 2000) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
- Has had development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 Software Engineers.
- Has experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff
- Has experienceworking with at least 3 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.