Hi. We're TiVo. At our core, we're innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world's leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
TiVo's Quality Engineers (QEs) help develop cutting-edge, industry leading technologies that are working to define the next-generation of digital media solutions. QEs that work on the Personalized Content Discovery (PCD) team are highly technical Full Stack Testers responsible for defining, tracking, and executing quality assurance processes and metrics across all levels (Front End, API, Backend, Services, Config, DB, ETL, etc) of our search, recommendations, and analytics applications. Senior Quality Engineers should have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years experience testing web-based software products and services in a team environment. This Senior role will require someone who can lead the team in testing efforts, both in manual and automated testing. All candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
- Create and manage (maintain) multiple test environments for testing functionality, regression, scalability, and upgrades of deployments.
- Write, maintain, and execute test cases and test suite harnesses, both manual (functional, regression, verification, exploratory) and automated (Robot Framework, Python).
- Adhere to, and help mature the core testing principles set by team and group leadership.
- Produce accurate estimates and participate in daily task tracking activities.
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in the web-based software and services testing industries over the past 5+ years
- Experience with working full-time in a Linux environment (3+ years)
- Experience testing web services (GUIs, APIs, ETL) (using tools like Postman or Insomnia a plus)
- Experience with functional testing, verification testing, exploratory testing, test automation and load and scalability testing
- Experience with a scripting language (3+ years; Python a plus, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Node, etc ok)
- Experience with products that have database components
- Experience with products that have messaging components (Kafka is a plus)
- Experience with products that utilize cloud based technologies (AWS is a plus)
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management software (Terraform, Chef and/or Ansible a plus)
- Experience using an agile lifecycle methodology (JIRA experience is a plus)
- Experience using defect management software (JIRA is a plus)
- Experience using revision control systems (Git is a plus)
- Understanding of product release cycles, code repositories, branching, labeling, and packaging
- Experience working in the capacity of Release Engineer is a plus (e.g. authoring release notes)
- Experience with a BDD automation framework like Robot Framework is a major plus
- Experience with Reporting and Analytics systems is a major plus