MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company’s primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. Operating under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, MAXIMUS has more than 16,000 employees worldwide.
The Sr. Engineer – Software works as a senior member of a software development team, responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications. In this role, the Sr. Engineer – Software works independently or with minimal input from the Development Manager. As a member of the team, the Sr. Engineer - Software participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Sr. Manager is be responsible for mentoring junior members of the team and provides them with guidance and support in completing their assignments.
- Architect advanced to complex system solutions, solicit and incorporate inputs from technical and operational teams and document for consumption of development and testing teams.
- Develop complex software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer.
- Fix defects in the home grown applications or third party software according to written and oral specifications.
- Perform database design and create scripts to create and modify database objects.
- Work on deliverables, such data analysis, client report requests etc. with minimal inputs and guidance from Development Manager or senior developers.
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
- Lead a small team of developers - creates and assign work packages. Manage the work to its completion meeting the quality standards. Assist junior members of the staff by providing direction on customer requests and performing code review to ensure quality outcomes.
- Works very closely with operations team and acquire expert understanding of the business processes and develop unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes. Provide expert advice to the testing team to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC such as software design documents, proposed solution documents etc.
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field and more than 6 years of relevant experience. OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and more than 5 years of relevant experience.
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented (OO) Programming: Strong knowledge in OO programming languages and Java is required.
- Java Foundations Certified Associate (Pro or Master level).
- Java SE Oracle Certified Associate (Pro or Master level).
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate (Pro or Master level).
- Expert understanding of complex concepts of data organization: Expert familiarity with RDBMS.
- Strong understanding of SDLC such as Waterfall, AGILE, SCRUM etc.
- Expert knowledge of information systems design principles and current/emerging trends in this field is required.
- Extensive knowledge of most prevalent and trusted technical discussion boards, portals and knowledge sharinginternet sites for help with technical challenges.
- Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development is required.
- Strong ability to think logically and structurally, and have attention to detail is required.
- Strong Analytical skills and strong Communications skills, both written (with emphasis on technical documentation) and verbal is required.
- Ability to work effortlessly and efficiently in high performing and self-governing teams.
- Ability to work independently on any size project.
- Technical Skills and Desired Proficiency:
- Java, Spring/Struts and iBatis – Expert
- Eclipse IDE – Expert
- JSF – Advanced
- SQL- Expert
- UML- Intermediate
- Junit- Intermediate
- SVN – Advanced
- Build Automation Scripts using ANT or Maven – Expert
- Gradle – Novice
- ETL – Novice
- Hands-on programming knowledge of PL/SQL preferred.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho Kettle preferred.
- Experience with any SQL Tools: Oracle SQL Developer or Toad or PL/SQL Developerpreferred.
- Knowledge of policy governing the Health and Human services programs such as Medicaid, CHIP, Long Term Services and Child Support preferred.
- Experience working on state MMIS systems or implementing system solutions to support Integrated Eligibility (Medicaid. CHIP, TANF, SNAP, LTSS) preferred.
Requisition ID 2017-26461