Summary of ResponsibilitiesAs a key member of the platform engineering team, you will work directly with business and technical stakeholders to lead and execute a variety of projects including building new APIs and migration of existing services to the new platform that’s being built for the future. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.Primary ResponsibilitiesDesign and build scalable services and applications and optimize code for optimal performance.Contribute toarchitecture, design and implementation of next generation mortgage platform.Provide technical leadership for Platform Services team.Create technical specifications for new API’s, executing from start to finish and owning the quality of the service in production.Maintain and extend our environment, including our core .NET codebase and MongoDB backends and write meaningful API’s that are both scalable and performance focused.Maintaindeveloperdocumentation for the new API’s that will encourage adoption among our consumers.
- 5+ years direct experience with modern web stacks, design, development and deployment of high volume web applications and APIs.
- Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database design and management- MongoDB preferred.
- Expertise with object-oriented languages such as C#.net and Java.
- Excellent understanding of concepts and fundamentals of Java and computer science including multi-threading, memory management and web services.
- History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems.
- Experience in building services(REST and SOAP) with high focus on performance.
- Familiarity with microservices and knowledge of modern cloud services (AWS).
- Practical perspective on software engineering discipline, focus on learning and delivering, and passion for high quality.
- Proficiency with Agile development.
- “You build it – You own it” mentality is a must. Sense of ownership is paramount to achieving success.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- Be focused, passionate and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and introduce them as needed.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters degree is preferred.