Our growing team is looking for experienced software engineers who can help us build and maintain software systems in support of our business and partners. If you are an experienced software engineer with a passion for good design and architecture, with great interpersonal skills we want you! The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for providing support for contributing to new software development efforts on the most current .NET technology stack.
- Refactor and extend the existing codebase to fix defects and add features/functionality
- Create systems that are durable and flexible by developing for change – favor configurability over customization
- Architect and develop applications, workflows, and prototypes to meet the business’ needs
- Refine functional requirements and develop technical specifications
- Generate technical documentation to communicate architectural and design decisions
- Develop complete test plans, tests, and strong code coverage
- Resolve defects during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release cycles
- Communicate & collaborate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations, and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering required. Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of software development experience including
- Strong portfolio of work showing experience developing secure and standards-compliant code across multiple platforms. (Microsoft stack as well as Open Source technology)
- Fluent in several of the following languages/platforms/libraries: C#, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, or other similar technologies a plus.
- Strong understanding of API’s and web service concepts such as REST, SOAP, and XML/JSON business object representations
- Experience developing API's utilizing REST architecture
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission & revenue critical, customer-facing applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Extreme Programming