The Senior RF Engineer is responsible for the engineering design and system performance of the T-Mobile Network. Supports coverage, capacity, and performance planning on the T-Mobile network. Participates in development, testing, and validation of RF feature plan proposals. Follows implementation guidelines for approved new features and technologies. Applies engineering principles to design and optimize network coverage, performance, and capacity. May be required to lead a team of engineers on specific projects. Serves as a technical subject matter expert and may be required to do in depth analysis of new features and technologies.
This Position serves as a lead technical resource for the engineering design and system performance of the T-Mobile Network, typically at a Market level. Responsibilities will include developing processes and strategic approaches toproblem solving within its field of expertise (i.e. one among planning or capacity or optimization). Responsible for thedelivery of a training curriculum and implementation of a training network. Mentors RF Engineers and Associate RF Engineers for technical growth. Responsible for preparing presentations with audience up to Sr. Manager/Director. Works on technical assignments difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
What you'll do in your role.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
• Serves as the lead resource for advanced monitoring and review of radio network key performance indicators (KPI) within a market and limited to one OEM vendor platform. Develops processes and strategic approaches to problem solving. Devises inter and intra team processes for system performance. Serves as KPI subject matter expert in order to improve network performance. Supervises, monitors, and analyzes statistical network performance data. Collects, processes and reviews drive test data. Works with the operations team to troubleshoot complex site network problems. Reviews data to determine the cause of faulty equipment. Addresses customer and employee complaints received through information analyzer and other applications. Works with RF Engineers to evaluate and resolve complex issues. Updates databases with resolution or actions taken. Participates with federal, state and local jurisdictions to ensure regulatory and zoning compliance.
• Serves as the lead resource for coverage, capacity, and performance activities. Defines and develops internal process used for radio network design. Provides capacity planning and growth strategies. Participates with federal, state and local jurisdictions to ensure regulatory and zoning compliance. Leads the development, testing, and validation of RF feature plan proposals. Defines implementation guidelines for approved new features and technologies.
• Leads team in the application of RF principles to performance activities. Serves as lead subject matter expert onexisting/deployed technologies.
• Mentors engineering and technical staff. Capable of hosting training sessions. Provides engineering support toSales/Customers. Advises management on tactical and strategic issues. Serves as the lead developer and resource for market, regional, and national planning and performance tools (as applicable).
The experience you'll bring.
• Advanced understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of Ericsson/Nokia platforms as well as knowledge of Ericsson, and Nokia product lines
• Advanced computer skills (Python, Excel macros and SQL programming a plus)
• Expert level MapInfo skills
• Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and multitask
• 5-7 years of experience within the wireless industry troubleshooting, optimizing, and designing wireless communication sites. 2 years of previous experience training others
• Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission
• Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
• Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships who can provide information, assistance, and support
• Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills
• Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs
• Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
• Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
• Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
• Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions
• 6+ years working in and around the radio frequency industry designing, optimizing, and troubleshooting network issues
• 5+ years of experience using RF engineering tools and drive test equipment
• 5+ year previous experience with Federal Communication Commission (FCC) and Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) filings and zoning meetings
• 5+ years of experience analyzing data and creating coverage solutions
• Position may require work day, afternoon and graveyard shifts, weekend shifts, on-call, and Holidays
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or an equivalent technical degree
• May require up to 10% of travel in the market
Additional general or physical requirements
• Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods.
• Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods
• This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
Req ID: 124716BR