Highly motivated individual is needed to work within a team of talented QA Engineers at ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor. This individual will be responsible for providing technical solutions to internal and external customers by understanding manufacturing and product capability.
- Provides metallurgical and technical support for product and process improvement through: data analysis, problem solving, metallurgical concepts, and knowledge of customer operations and markets.
- Responsible for determination of the root cause and corrective action for any deviation from critical process specifications and disposition of product.
- Monitors product and process variability and performance to standards.
- Recommends new technology to satisfy changing customer and marketplace demands.
Preferred Experience Requirements:
- Understanding and application of metallurgical principles.
- Ability to organize and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- 7 to 15 years of experience in materials manufacturing, preferably metals.
- Demonstrated success in defining and resolving problems.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
Minimum Requirements: BS in Metallurgy, Material Science or related field.