Individual Contributor - responsible for supporting the development and implementation of enterprise-wide programs and processes to support company Product Compliance initiatives.
The Product Compliance Senior Engineer supports projects to address product standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for electrical safety, management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Senior Engineer is also responsible for working with New Product Introduction processes to ensure that new Rockwell Automation products meet relevant product regulations and certification requirements.
- Ensures completion of product development compliance deliverables including compliance assessment, design review, certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process implementation for new product development introductions.
- May serve as the primary product compliance interface with domestic and third-party safety agencies (such as UL, CSA, FM, TUV, etc.).
- Leads cross-functional projects of small- to medium-scale to enact changes to products and processes to ensure compliance to new or changed product environmental regulations and safety certification requirements.
- Works with Global Product Standards & Regulations organization to monitor and analyze regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to support RA compliance programs.
- Supports external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information.
- Leads strategy development, business process development, and critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local organizational functions
- Leads and participates in project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to address product design issues related to environmental regulations and safety certifications.
- May supervise contractors, interns and third party consultants in daily and project activities.
- Responsible for influencing business groups to incorporate regulatory and certification requirements into product designs for both legacy and new products.
- Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for compliance programs.
- Builds strong relationships and partnerships across the company to leverage ideas, capabilities, and processes. Unifying internal constituents around a common vision and goals, and teaming with others for enhanced outcomes.
- Responsible for the plan and schedule for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation.
- Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA products.
- Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level business goals / constraints.
- Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
- Comprehends the needs and requirements of customers or business partners in order to bring strategic value to them. Promoting regulatory compliance and customer needs as the key drivers for business goals and initiatives.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- B. S. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing organization.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively, and with high quality, a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required. LSS and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- Further education in engineering, business administration, operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.