ArcelorMittal Cleveland has an immediate opening for a Sr. Engineer in our Plant Engineering Division in Cleveland, Ohio. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but are not all-inclusive.
The Senior Engineer is a staff position in the AM Cleveland Plant Engineering Division. Plant Engineering is responsible for developing and implementing Capex and major maintenance projects in various areas of an integrated steel plant. Capex (Capital Expense) projects are under direct control of the Engineering department. Major maintenance projects funded under plant expense can also require involvement of the Engineering staff for project management and/or engineering technical support. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Engineer is to develop and implement multiple capital projects within the plant. The Sr. Engineer is responsible to compile the capital appropriation request (investment file) for the project, and after approval, manage the project through the stages of design engineering, procurement, construction and start-up. The primary deliverables of the Sr. Engineer are to achieve the project technical objectives, and to complete the project on schedule and within budget. In addition, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for the project job site safety planning and compliance, and quality assurance for the technical aspects of the project.
Another significant responsibility of the Plant Engineering staff is to assist plant operations and maintenance departments with technical issues related to the production process, equipment, buildings and facilities within the plant. This could include solving specific technical problems, or assisting maintenance personnel in the execution of major maintenance projects, such as during planned outages or unplanned shutdowns due to equipment failure.
• Manage multiple capital projects, major maintenance projects and/or facility rehabilitations.
• Lead cross-functional teams in the implementation of major capital improvements.
• Coordinate and direct the conceptual or preliminary engineering for the proposed project, to define the project scope and develop the estimated cost.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders to define and quantify the project benefits and/or justification.
• Prepare the capital appropriation request (investment file) for the proposed project, using the Capital Investment Projects Methodology (CIPM) format as required for Capex projects, and submit for approval in accordance with established process and procedures.
• Establish, monitor, review and control the project implementation schedule and approved budget.
• Direct, review and approve the project design drawings, normally prepared by engineering consulting firms.
• Develop technical specifications for procurement of major equipment and materials from various suppliers, and for competitive bidding of construction packages by qualified contractors.
• Coordinate shop inspections during equipment manufacturing and/or factory acceptance tests, as necessary.
• Manage the preparation of the project construction schedule, project job site safety requirements and related field activities.
• Develop and/or coordinate the commissioning and start-up plan for the new equipment or facility, and oversee it through the successful start-up.
• Maintain an extensive knowledge of the plant production processes and equipment to allow for sound judgment in making informed decisions regarding technology improvements to the facility.
• Provide technical advice, complex calculations, evaluations or other assistance as required by plant operations, maintenance or other departments, to solve specific problems or for the general improvement of plant equipment and facilities.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Civil/Structural/Electrical Engineering
Master’s degree in Mechanical or Civil/Structural/Electrical Engineering