This is a key development role focusing on creating an optical component library for Luxtera's next-generation silicon photonics optical modules. Work as part of a team of photonic engineers dedicated to developing Luxtera's technology platform.
- Design and validate photonic components, subsystems, and integrated optoelectronic circuits
- Define test plans and test optical/electrical performance of photonic devices
- Identify process improvements to increase the system performance of optical components
- Support continuous improvement projects of optical transceiver products
- Work closely with Electronics and Packaging teams to identify design trade-offs.
REQUIRES EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Design and test of passive and active silicon photonics components (grating couplers, splitters, filters, modulators, and detectors);
- Device modeling software tools (Silvaco, Athena, Medici, and Atlas);
- Optical modeling software tools (Lumerical, RSoft, and Photon Design);
- Statistical analysis tools (JMP and DataConductor);
- Optical test equipment (tunable lasers, detectors, and optical spectrum analyzers);
- Microwave measurement techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of experience; PhD preferred
- Thrives in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Possesses a quality-oriented mindset and attention to details
- Demonstrate superb communication skills
- Strong inner drive and self-motivation
- Creativity in problem-solving