Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
Drive market development strategy and technical customer activities to propel SABIC Petrochemicals’ ambition to become a preferred, differentiated material supplier. Responsible for identifying, initiating, and effectively implementing globally-aligned innovation projects in the region. Direct owner of market and application needs and developments as well as strong technical relationships at key OEM’s, customers and equipment suppliers. Leads the development of SABIC’s differentiated product portfolio, supporting technical service, and market commercialization/homologation of new product solutions.
Role requires multidisciplinary, project-based collaboration between Manufacturing, Technology, Sales and Business Management. MDTS Engineers collaborate interdependently and align with their global MDTS peers to prioritize and optimize global resources and define/execute common business processes and objectives.
Responsibilities: Drive and execute the Market Development activities for rigid products in non-segment industries. This includes:
• Determine SABIC value propositions for FORTIFY™ POE made using Nexlene™ technology at key converters by achieving deep customer intimacy.
• Drive homologation and translations of SABIC ETP solutions in weatherable, industrial, and outdoor application spaces.
• Construct Industry roadmaps for critical segments.
• Builds strong relationships and credibility with technical decision makes at OEM’s and converters to position SABIC as the preferred supply partner for polymers.
• Propose new technical solutions (including material requirements, new product introductions and new business opportunities) in collaboration with Sales and Technology. Defines, aggregates, and quantifies customer needs within business cases for potential new product development.
• Provide Technical support in the form of customer complaint handling, troubleshooting, customer training, cost/design analysis, et al. covering all Industries and Polymers Product Lines in region to enhance customer satisfaction. Implementation/communication of technical challenges and corrective actions and issue resolution
• Collaborates and communicates within a matrix environment to ensure customer success in a timely and professional manner.
• Assure SABIC compliance of corporate legal, safety, and business policies.
Education and Job Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in technical field (e.g. Polymer Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the plastics industry preferred
• Ability to lead, direct, guide, plan & develop new projects & programs
• Polymer, Processing and Characterization Technologies
• Excellent communication skills.