Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products. Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review design and construction scopes of work as well as material specifications for small maintenance and capital projects ($200K-$10MM) including tanks, pumps, motors valves and piping.
- Assure all safety procedures and policies are communicated and enforced with contractors.
- Coordinate with contractors for maintenance and construction projects by field interface and general supervision of work progress.
- Responsible for bringing forward conflicts or abnormalities recognized in the field and working through to resolution.
- Update records, drawings and project files to reflect the work completed on each project in accordance with Company records management policy.
- Develop a familiarity with applicable corporate, state, federal, API, and ASME standards and procedures for design and construction.
- Control project costs by providing budget projections and maintaining a constant awareness of projects status in relation to approve budget.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with Operations, assuring all project work is performed in a timely manner, with minimal disruption to oil movements.
- Provide engineering support services through the application of engineering expertise, problem solving, and good working knowledge of related engineering fields to day-to-day operating problems and major projects to expand or improve the pipeline system.
- This position may be required to participate in all aspects of emergency response as directed
- Position will be in our Beaumont location
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
- BS Engineering degree (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Petroleum).
- 5+ years of engineering experience related to pipeline industry.
- Strong understanding of Pipeline and Facility industry standards
- API, ASME, NACE, etc.), Federal Codes and Regulations (CFR 95 and/or 192) and other applicable standards and specifications. knowledge of operation and maintenance of pipelines and terminals.
- Proficiency in planning, scheduling, and execution of pipeline and related facilities projects from conceptual design through completion.
- Strong problem solving skills, including logical thought processes, with ability to resolve simple to complex issues. Must be self-motivated with the ability to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines and work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize departmental and individual work to meet various schedules and objectives, reprioritize on short notice.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance.
- Ability to understand and implement all company job related processes, procedures, guidelines and best practices.
- Well versed in specifying, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing operating equipment utilized in pipeline and terminals including various types of centrifugal pumps, motors, valves, storage tanks, vapor recovery systems, loading racks, additive injection systems, provers, metering facilities, and PID devices.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong project management skills.
- Strong communications skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, engineering, and maintenance personnel required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be highly motivated, good team player, customer oriented and have an eagerness to learn outside of own discipline.
Preferred Skills or Experience:
- 10+ years of responsible engineering experience, preferably in the oil or gas pipeline discipline. Registered PE.
- Candidates with greater qualifications and experience may be considered for higher level position.
- Travel required (~35%) as needed to support projects and other initiatives.
- Available to provide emergency support 24/7 including weekends and holidays as required.