PPC (a Belden Brand) is looking for a Senior Engineer (Jumpers and Cabling) for our location in Syracuse, NY. The Senior Engineer for Jumpers and Cabling is responsible for the design of new and existing products. The Engineer will provide engineering support on applicable product lines to both internal and external customers.
- Designs, develops, and enhances products for assigned department.
- Works on driving cost out of the designs of high-volume products, this includes preparing and submitting target designs and project schedules to meet cost reduction goals.
- Serves as an integral part of new product development teams and work from conception through production.
- Develops products using SolidWorks.
- Participates in product design reviews.
- Prototyping /modeling design.
- Tests mechanical and electrical properties to ensure quality and reliability.
- Provides support in the field as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
Education / Licensure / Experience of our Sr. Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5-7 years of engineering or design experience required.
- Prior experience in cable extrusion, cable design, and cable assembly design required.
- Prior experience in telecommunications industry a plus
- Prior experience with AutoCAD programs, SolidWorks experience a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities that our Sr. Engineer should have:
- Familiarity with cable extrusion and related equipment.
- Familiarity with cable assemblies, connectors, and/or wiring harnesses.
- Proven strength in using Solidworks programs.
- Familiarity with operating a lathe and mill.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal skills to effectively deal with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed organization skills, including the ability to handle many details and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while upholding quality standards.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Excellent independent judgement with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a culturally diverse workplace.