When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
The Senior Engineer, Infrastructure designs and administers Vizient's enterprise-class data center infrastructure, which spans multiple sites and leverages a diverse group of technologies.
- Implement and administer multi-site data center strategies with a focus on disaster recovery and redundancy –
- Perform compute and storage design, modeling, analysis, and capacity planning
- Focuses most of the time on project work (70%) while delivering technical support 30% on escalated trouble tickets
- Troubleshoots complex issues across multiple stacks, VMWare, Storage, Networking, Active Directory
- Interface with technology vendors to evaluate and recommend new technologies that support IT or business strategies
- Work with internal and external teams to understand business needs, offer advice and solutions from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach
- Establish and implement formal infrastructure technical standards, diagrams, documentation and operating procedures
- Act as technical lead on small to medium size projects that span multiple teams and technologies.
- Ensure the availability of Vizient’s network infrastructure through design, implementation and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Information Technology field is desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years infrastructure administration in an enterprise environment.
- Enterprise-level, senior administration experience with VMWare 6.X, Active Directory, DNS\DHCP, Microsoft Server 2012\2016
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with Fiber Channel SAN administration (zoning, capacity planning) – Pure Storage, Nimble (preferred)
- Experience with Cisco UCS chassis and blade technology – rack & stack, fabric interconnects, administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with enterprise-class monitoring and alerting solutions – Nagios, Solarwinds, SCOM
- Working knowledge of Linux (RHEL 6\7) preferred (troubleshooting, basic administration)
- Experience with scripting & automation tools – PowerShell, vRealize Automation, vbscript
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (application, network, system, hardware)
- Experience with Disaster Recovery tools – Zerto, VMWare SRM
- Experience with Cloud administration, migration and monitoring tools – AWS, Azure
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call weekly rotation and respond to after-hours alerts in a timely manner
- Participate in monthly, weekend security patching cycles
- Industry certifications such as VCP6, MCSE (Preferred)
- Sound interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt (or flex) to changing priorities
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions based on sound judgment and business rationale
- Strong ability to work with and leverage business partners on designing appropriate solutions
- Ability to analyze problems and solve them with practical, cost effective, and reliable solutions that meet business needs
- Willing to travel 25% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.