Provides team leadership and subject matter expertise on security technologies, processes, IT systems, and incident response. Serves as a trusted security partner to various IT and business units.
What you will do…
- (Assists in leading the Information Security Team in the design and implementation of security solutions to ensure the appropriate guidelines, policies and procedures are in place to adequately address threats and vulnerabilities.
- Partners with various technology and business teams to serve as a security expert and trusted advisor in providing security designs, requirements, risk monitoring and mitigation guidance in alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Serves as an assessor of networks and systems to identify, report on, and provide guidance in the remediation of security gaps to include:
- Responding to Information Security threats, ensuring that Choice information assets remain secure
- Performing incident response activities as necessary
- Manages and performs product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services for Information Security that support strategic operational needs and security requirements. Trains other team members on new security solutions and transitions ownership, where possible, upon successful implementation.
- Assess the environment on an ongoing basis to ensure that it remains compliant with external regulations and Choice Hotels Information Security Policies and Standards
Assists Director with security strategy development and risk prioritization
Skills you have…
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 12 years experience in various IT areas
- Minimum 5 years of professional Information Security experience
- Previous experience in configuring and implementing technologies and standards across complex business and operational environments
- Experience responding to security incident response efforts
- Up-to-date understanding of exploits and current vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Experience implementing security strategies that include technologies such as:
Firewalls, load balances, and routers Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) Endpoint protection solutions Linux/LDAP/Windows/Active Directory Intrusion detection/prevention systems Multi-factor authentication & access controls Vulnerability scanners and exploit frameworks Security Information Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Experience with Information Security frameworks
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Superb customer service skills
- Exemplarily interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with team members, project managers, developers, engineers, vendors, users and business analysts as well as executive and senior management
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Able to work under pressure and balance work load to ensure measurable progress on multiple high priority projects.
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple assignments supporting business as usual as well as special projects.
- Able to work both independently as well as collaboratively to achieve results within established timeframes with no supervision.
- Ability to train less experienced team members on new technologies and architectures such that other team members will become self-supported with minimal oversight following conclusion of training.
- Ability to present to large groups and Senior Management.
- Ability to identify and provide remediation options for security vulnerabilities.
- Ability and willingness to accommodate demanding work schedules that vary based on project schedules
- Ability to travel up to 10% to scheduled and unscheduled events throughout the United States and to potentially international locations.
- Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.