- Participate in process development, definition and improvement, and other activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to sequence genomes.
- Troubleshoot new product process issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
- Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions into a production environment to meet project goals.
- Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
- Represent Operations needs on development teams.
- Define technical requirements and write procedures for Production to process product.
- Work on teams to develop and transfer new processes/products to production and enhance their robustness.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable
- Experience working in an ISO13485 or FDA certified environment is desirable.
- Experience in high-volume production in a high-tech consumables industry is a plus.
- Experience in production support and/or process development is required.
- Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques are required.
- High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Experience with product development processes and project management skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
- High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is a plus.
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
- B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical Engineering, BiochemicalEngineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, Bioinformatics or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, with at least 4 years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
- Recent or near term college graduates are encouraged to apply.