Sr. Engineer I, Software - Java
5 - 7 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
Who are we?
Ticketmaster, a proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, is the world's leading live event high tech ticketing company selling nearly 455 million tickets each year, supporting over 145,000 events and more than 12,000 clients in 21 countries worldwide. At Ticketmaster, we power the people who create culture through live events, connecting more passionate fans to those experiences than anyone else. We are innovators that embrace change and work hard to help others succeed. We believe in open communication and stress accountability, because fans and clients count on us every day. We strive for ease of use for our clients and fans while seeking out those who have a bias for action versus a desire for directives.
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment. See and hear more about why you should consider joining our rock-star team: recruiting video
Who are you?
If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
We are looking for a top notch developer to join a multi-talented team of full stack developers collaborating on Ticketmaster’s IVR Systems which play a crucial role for thousands of Live Nation clients including Madison Square Garden, The Hollywood Bowl and The House of Blues. At any one time there are approximately 40K events available, 8K performers, and 2K venues within our systems.
This is where you come in – we are an evolving company and technical environment. Your skills will be put to use developing software that will help increase our fans’ experience! You’ll work to help implement our self-service offerings by developing web front ends, web services, and help integrate them into our IVR. We are working globally to streamline our systems in the US, and Australia. Your job is simple – solve technical problems for our customers to make their experience from the time they order to the end of their event phenomenal!
It is an exciting time and opportunity to come work with front end developers, backend developers and mobiledevelopers as we evolve and grow the team and projects. We are in need of a driven software engineer with rich Java experience to join us in our journey in engaging fans, artists and bands. If your desire is to help solve technical problems, this is the job for you!
- Design, development, and maintenance of various web tools and Java Tomcat-based Web Services used by our agents and self-service offerings
- Application design and development for the support and maintenance of the systems that are responsible for the ongoing operations of state-of-the-art, speech-driven customer interactions
- Collaborate with and help mentor a small team of experienced developers as they build and maintain core systems software and supporting applications
- Ensure production system stability and availability by, among other things, participating in an on-call rotation that includes responding to alerts and business outages
- Other duties as assigned
4-6 + years of demonstrated software development experience with web and/or web service programming, design, and development
- 4-6 + years' experience developing Java enterprise applications (Java 8, Java EE 7, Spring Framework, Bootstrap) with good knowledge of OOD, common OO practices, and Design Patterns
- 2 + years' experience with component based frameworks such as React, Aurelia, or Angular
- A working understanding of Web API technologies such as OAuth, RESTful, or SOAP
- Experience with an open source development environment using tools such as Maven, Git, Eclipse, JIRA is a plus
- Experience working as a software developer in an Agile environment using Scrum, Kanban, and/or XP team
- Knowledge of sound AgileEngineering Practices (TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, etc.)
- Strong drive for problem-solving, for constantly evolving technologies and software development methods
- Outstanding organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent technical degree(s)
- Development experience with AWS and related technologies
- Passion for interface development and user experience