Job DescriptionSUMMARY OF DUTIES
Performs intensive and diversified technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems while completing projects in broad areas of assignment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Makes decisions on technical problems and methods which require the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Receives supervision and guidance relating only to overall objectives, new concepts, and policy matters, while supervisor is consulted only concerning unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise the work of technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN's, and creates prototypes.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- up to 50 lbs
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with six years previous related experience, a Master's Degree with four years previous related experience, or a Ph.D with two years previous related experience. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
- Ability to independently apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
- Scientific problem solving/decision making
- Technician supervision
- Special projects/ECN's/prototype creation