- As an operations engineer, this position will support 6 NGL fractionators at Mont Belvieu, an LPG export operation in Nederland, TX, an Olefin fractionator in Geismar, LA, and a refinery off-gas plant in Chalmette, LA..
- Work with frac and terminal Operations personnel (daily) and Engineering group members to analyze and improve existing processes in order to maximize productivity, reduce costs and comply with regulations and engineering standards.
- Implement entire project life cycle for small to mid-size field generated plant improvement projects as well as small to mid-sized capital growth projects including scope development, design, material procurement, construction, commissioning, and project completion.
- Maintain and effective working relationship with Operations personnel, project managers, outside contractors, and vendors.
- Work closely with Project Directors/Managers responsible for large scale plant projects in support of project and operation’s needs.
- Work with Business Development/Commercial in the development of projects and estimates.
- Take part in PSM activities for area facilities. (Help maintain facility drawings, resolve PHA action items, etc.)
- Maintain facility process simulations and work with senior process engineers to develop process solutions while following: engineering standards, code compliance, proper company and safety standards, and good engineering practices.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen process engineering and project management knowledge base and proficiencies.
- A BS Engineering degree including 5+ years of related engineering experience supporting mid-small process systems based Capex projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suites applications.
- Engineering Simulation Programs (ProMax, Hysys, etc.
- Knowledge of process simulation software.
- Experience with gas plants or NGL fractionation plants.