The Sr. Engineer reports to the Director Asset Management & Reliability. The incumbent ensures the day-to-day and future technical operations and maintenance conducted by the field operating divisions complies with corporate procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices. Possess expert knowledge of the design, operations, and maintenance of rotating equipment pipeline pumps. Possesses knowledge of all ancillary and support systems to the pump package as well as station systems. Comprehensive knowledge is required for reciprocating engines-compressors, turbines-centrifugal compressors and electric motor drive equipment. Provides direction and technical leadership for maintenance standards, policies and procedures for all rotating equipment assets.
- Consults with field operating personnel on a daily basis to provide technical expertise and assistance as required to assure the safe and reliable operation of all facilities.
- Identifies potential problems and recommends revisions necessary to ensure that company procedures comply with all state and federal regulations, and prudent and industry "best practices." Implement procedures, train personnel on the procedures, and assure compliance with these procedures through reports, summaries, and periodic inspections. The department technical policies and procedures are used to maintain and operate all facilities. These procedures provide the basis for the department operation and maintenance plan. This involves reviewing design of facilities and equipment, resolving complex operating problems involving multiple components and personnel, including cross-discipline issues, economic considerations, compliance with regulations, safety aspects (both public and employee), and personnel requirements. Evaluate how these procedures impact field manpower, material, equipment, and expenses in order to meet minimum requirements and the desired level of reliability and performance.
- Designs and develops technical and safety training materials and establishes standards for qualification for exempt and non-exempt personnel. Examples are: Operator, Maintenance Mechanic, Field and Division Technicians, and Equipment Analysts through the Employee Qualification programs and US government mandated OperatorQualification programs.
- Reviews the capital budget for the Operations and Engineering Department. This involves: reviewing the dollar amounts for reasonableness; analyzing the feasibility of the proposed solution and suggesting innovative alternatives, if necessary; and ensuring the equipment specified best fulfils the intended purpose. Recommends approval of capital work orders. Also, establishes short and long term capital programs for upgrades of existing facilities or introduction of new technologies.
- Works with and supports other departments such as Marketing, Control Room, Safety, Administrative Services, Underground Storage, Planning, Communications, Government Affairs, Engineering Design, Construction, and Materials Management. In particular:
- Engineering Design and Construction - Consults with Design and Construction personnel and provides reviews and/or revisions to capital budget projects. Includes approval of items such as valve types, controls equipment, valve operators, software, buildings, unit and pump station control system logic, ESD systems, programmable logic controllers, and UPS systems.
- Marketing – Provides support of scopes, cost, design, and operating parameters as requested.
- Materials Management - Advises and makes recommendations for approved vendors, approved machine shops, inventory min/max levels, surplus materials dispositions, bulk material purchases, and stock code descriptions.
6. Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art equipment and innovations being developed for the industry to improve performance, reliability, and safety. Recommends implementation when appropriate
7. Performs special projects as requested by management.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering and ten years of experience in the liquids transmission, processing or plant rotating equipment support.
Qualities: The position requires a candidate with excellent oral and written communication skills. A highly developed ability with PC’s and office computer software is required. Must be a self-starter and self-motivator, ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision. Demonstrates a very positive and professional work ethic; works well individually and as part of a team. TapRoot RCFA certification.
Job Location Houston, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 7332-323