Sr Engineer (Energy Efficiency) - (205741)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop and/or manage teams, deliver, and manage innovative solutions for ComEd’s commercial, industrial and institutional customers. Provide and manage support for ComEd internal initiatives and programs including ComEd’s Smart Ideas Programs, customer energy efficiency behavioral studies, electronic interface tools for the customer, renewable energy and various corporate commitments. Perform emerging technology evaluations and report development, and coordinate with other internal departments, to identify new, cost-effective technology for the Smart Ideas portfolio. Identify potential new products and services, and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate these products and develop viable implementation strategies. Provide engineering support to Program Managers’ efforts in the development of new energy efficiency programs.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise.
Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
Evaluates, develops, implements and leads projects that have significant financial and operational impact.
Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams.
Serves as an expert in specialized areas.
Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required.
Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
Provides training and/or guidance to others.
Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- 1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- · Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- · Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- · Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- 2. Eight or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- 3. Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- 4. Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- 5. Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- 6. Minimum of three related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- 7. Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- 8. Professional Engineer’s License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification
- 1. Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- 2. Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- 3. Industrial energy-efficiency experience in a variety of industries.
- 4. Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- 5. Strong written, oral, communication and presentation skills.
- 6. Experience in behavior-based energy efficiency programs and strategies.
- 7. Probing ability through a questioning approach to gather information for the purpose of analyzing energy consuming systems in order to identify inefficiencies & cost saving solutions.
- 8. Ability to work on multiple projects following specific timelines/due dates.
- 9. Report generation and technical writing skills
- 10. Manage teams for a variety of simultaneous projects.
(1) Master’s degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master’s degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).