Provide advanced technical support for all aspects of physical/virtual infrastructure and critical systems at the facility level. Maintain assigned systems by continually reviewing assigned infrastructure to make recommendations and lead in hardware replacement and upgrades.
Provide periodic software updates based on system performance and trends. Researching and updating all devices for needed software, to correct issues, add needed features or patch for security vulnerabilities.
Perform technical writing of policies, procedures and configuration of systems by authoring, updating and maintaining all related documentation.
Lead the troubleshooting all end user problems related to assigned Infrastructure platforms. Collaborate on incident tracking and reporting with cross functional teams to analyze and develop corrective actions.
Lead Quality Management processes to ensure all systems are in compliance and appropriate documentation in place as specified by established quality management guidelines.
Develop and follow change management procedures as defined in the quality management system, leading others as needed.
Provide advanced support for datacenter recoverability and high availability operations. Establish and routinely test recovery procedures for responsible systems.
Provide in-depth configurations following approved procedures to maintain current security practices on all assigned systems. Promptly inform B.T. Management and B.T. QMD of any known breaches or issues.
Provide diverse configuration, management and monitoring support for systems. Monitoring of log files of assigned systems to identify reported anomalies and important system data utilizing any tools necessary.
Provide off-hours support as it relates to BT functional area. Initiates and Leads troubleshooting all end user problems related to systems.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, (Technician Degree CCI required for Germany); educational concentration in a computer-based discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems) or a technical discipline (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
4-5+ years of related experienceworking with integrated enterprise systems is required.
Pharmaceutical/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience is preferred.
Self-Development and Self-Knowledge
Dealing with Ambiguity
Diverse level of knowledge with industry standard server hardware, operating systems, storage area networks, virtualization and networking technologies.
Troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to propose, and implement sustainable solutions.
Ability to develop business knowledge and acumen.
Provide technical support for the following Infrastructure environments, including planning, installing, administering, recoverability, documentation, inventory and monitoring of :
· LAN/WAN (Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Riverbed)
· SAN communication - (Cisco Nexus, Brocade)
· Wireless access managed by Wireless LAN Controller(s)
· Firewall (Cisco ASA, vASA, ASA-X, Palo Alto)
· Load Balancer Technology (Stingray, Netscaler)
Technical Knowledge and Skills: Describe the technical knowledge and skills that are required to perform this job. List any certifications that may be required.
· Administration of firewalls, switch ports, Port security
· Administration of internet content filters and blocking
· IDF switch stack installations, management and backups
· Network drop installations or moves, configurations and troubleshooting
· Management of WAN connection configurations
· Administration of DHCP scopes and configurations
· Administration of wireless LAN controller and WiFi access points
· Administration of WAN Optimization devices
· Administration of Blade Enclosure networks
· Design networks or segments as needed for site expansions or additions
· Administration of VoIP devices
· Networking technology certifications preferred
Share:State/ProvinceIllinoisCityKankakeeStreet Address1201 N. KinziePrimary LocationCSL Behring Kankakee
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.