Senior level Desktop Systems Engineer is responsible, and accountable for the functionality, reliability, and stability of the Client Device Management infrastructure. Role is expected to be highly skilled in multiple areas of technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Configuration Manager, Microsoft BitLocker, anti-virus software, group policy and enterprise mobility management. This role is expected to work closely and successfully with the infrastructure and support teams.
- This role exhibits superb problem-solving skills to accelerate time to resolution for incidents and problems.
- Monitor the performance and capacity of the Microsoft Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- Perform pro-active and reactive maintenance on Microsoft Configuration Manager systems. Including but not limited to patch management, application deployment and operating system imaging.
- Assist in managing the life cycle of client device management systems in the production environment.
- Provide direction to Identify solutions for gaps in technology.
- Expected to consistently document processes for design, deployment, and ongoing support of client device management systems.
- Possess ability to work independently in a problem solving, deployment, and root cause analysis capacities
- Provide expertise in multiple areas of technology and client device management systems.
- Promote designs with fallback modeling, and testing of a resilient Configuration Manager infrastructure
Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experience.
Five (5) years or more of relevant experience with Microsoft Configuration Manager.
Must possess exceptional technical knowledge supporting and troubleshooting Windows desktop operating systems.
Must have an advanced working knowledge relative to Microsoft and third-party patch management, software distribution, OS imaging, application packaging and desktop virtualization.
Expertise with PowerShell, BitLocker, scripting, power management and group policy management.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or Microsoft Certified Professional certifications preferred.
Industry virtualization certifications preferred.
ITIL Awareness training preferred.
Experience with Enterprise Mobility Management preferred.
Must provide leadership for junior engineers and guidance for progression of processes, and technology.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be able to obtain necessary multi-jurisdictional regulatory licensing required for IT staff.