At Comcast, 'The Customer Experience' is our first priority. The Senior Network Security Engineer, is an IT Professional, responsible for the design, engineering, implementation, advanced operations, and maintenance, of the company's security solutions. This opportunity will have a strong focus in VPN & Wireless Connectivity specific to the Aruba product family. Advanced knowledge of Aruba Controllers, APs, RAPs, Management Platforms, ClearPass, Guest, Mobility Master and Activate will be core responsibilities. Future aspects of the position will include intrusion detection and intrusion prevention postures and threat analysis for the same platform. Must be able to understand Comcast's various business entities and provide sound knowledge of security techniques, latest protocols and defenses against new threats, viruses and other attacks. The ideal candidate would possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of the network, operating systems, network equipment and networking protocols. The position will also be responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting performance issues, maintaining documentation, and mentoring other team members. The selected candidate would be working as part of a dynamic and fast paced team!Job DescriptionResponsibilities:
- Provide Engineering technical design, operations and support of the companies Aruba platform
- Direct responsibility for Architecting/Engineering and Operationalizing - Comcast Branch Office Connectivity
- Proactively analyze and recommend ways to optimize and utilize Comcast's Aruba investment on 6.x and 8.x releases
- Report issues to HPE-Aruba TAC and Product Engineering organizations.
- Escalate where appropriate
- Collaboration in the development of mobility solutions; building test beds; conducting verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
- Actively seek to educate and expand the Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
- Integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
- Quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products
- Continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
- Operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
- Minimum of Three (5) years practical hands on WLAN and 802.1x experience and expertise required.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks, which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management, required.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level) required.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking, required.
- Experience with Aruba controllers, APs, Clearpass Policy Manager supporting role based access and NAC
- Good communications skills, both oral and written required.
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution, required.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments required.
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution required.
- Ability to accommodate non-standard work schedule required.
- Ability to integrate as part as part of the engineering and operations team required.
- Ability to quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on internal issues with HPE-Aruba products required.
- Ability to continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer required.
- Ability to operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving required.
- Ability to maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer required.
- Ability to attain Aruba certifications (ACMA, AWMP, ACCP, ACMP, ACCX), required.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues while opening feature requests.
- As a member of the ANSE team develop partners to deliver reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Experience with ISP, Telephony or Broadband/Narrowband transmission or transport infrastructure
- Large-scale network or systems administration experience administering carrier class based applications or network elements installed on physical and virtual platforms
- Strong working and practical knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP/IP networking.
- Experience with the following SSL, HTTPS, PGP, AES, DES, SSH, SCP, Kerberos, IPSEC, PKI
- Excellent understanding of the Internet protocol version 4 and 6 suite, e.g. Radius, BOOTP, ARP, IP, ICMP, BGP, OSPF, TCP, UDP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, SIP, GRE, Netflow and POP3
- Experience with managing and hardening IOS/OS installation, configuration and backup and restoration, including development and management of workflows and operating standards, including design reviews, certification, production acceptance and testing for system commissioning
- Policy creation and rule design and updates for the administration security control systems
- Experience with development and regular preparation of management status and key metrics reports
- Should be comfortable with conducting complete system and application reviews and specifying security review guidelines
- Should be comfortable with developing and conducting security resilience testing and stress testing
- Should have strong process and procedure ownership experience for audit and control systems
- Broad technical background including enterprise networking, next generation firewalls, stateless inspection, deep packet inspection, signature and signature less detection, encryption, log aggregation and correlation, security data analytics, , change management, and performance and capacity management
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Must be able to support on-call, escalation and high-paced/ fast tempo operating environments
- The successful applicant will also have good communication skills, be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently, and possess solid decision making and project management skills.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience