Aerojet Rocketdyne (AR) Coleman Aerospace in Orlando Florida is looking for a Sr. Systems R&I Engineer to support its Systems Requirements and Integration (R&I) engineering team.
At this location, AR Coleman Aerospace produces complex single, two, and three stage launch vehicles used to support ballistic missile defense testing. In this role, the candidate will work tasks supporting the composition and flow-down of program requirements and respective documentation.
Candidates should have prior senior level technical experiencesupporting complex aerospace programs from inception through completion. Qualified individuals must have systems engineering experience to support the composition and flow-down of program requirements, the generation of functional requirements analyses, and the generation of various documentation to support design analyses and requirements verification activities. The requirements for this position also include prior experiencesupporting the execution of government technical interchange meetings (TIMs), progress reviews, and program milestone meetings.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
AR Coleman Aerospace is looking for a self-motivated individual with prior technical experiencesupporting complex aerospace development programs, from program inception through completion. The selected candidate must have systems engineering experience in:
- (20%) The composition and flow-down of system requirements
- (20%) The generation of functional requirements analyses
- (20%) The generation of documentation to support design analyses
- (30%) The generation and maintenance of A/B/C level system specifications, interface control documents, hardware specifications, and verification / validation plans
- (10%) Requirements verification activities
- B.S. inAerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field and a minumum of five (5) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination education and experience.
This position requires prior experiencesupporting the execution of detailed program design reviews, the performance of trade studies, the support of flight test activities from ground consoles, and requires a broad understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes and requirements.
Prior experience must include a strong background in systems engineering requirements and verification methods. The ability to understand mechanical and electrical aerospace drawings, environmental test requirements, and various aerospace analysis methods is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills are required, as well as solid computer skills and experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project). Knowledge of IBM Rational DOORS requirements management tools is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Experience with the Missile Defense Agency or prior work experience with missiles, launch vehicles, and/or solid rocket motors is desired.
This position may require occasional overtime and nonstandard business hours as required to meet critical schedule milestones.