We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Power and Control Systems business is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Engine Systems Aftermarket SIOP Manager. The position will be responsible for ensuring aftermarket alignment between the financial plan, customer demand, and the operations plans across multiple sites and through the supply chain in effort to ensure strong operational performance. The selected candidate will also support the development of key processes and tools to help drive Materials and SIOP process maturity and implementation throughout its global sites. This position will require a highly adaptable leader, who can coordinate a cross-functional team at varying levels of the organization and balance the conflicting requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Manage the forecasting and related demand planning process to align incoming demand with sales and support objectives of the aftermarket.
- Deploy materials management strategy aligning with UTAS Materials & SIOP Strategy.
- Development and communication of clear objectives to monitor departmental performance.
- Responsible for inventory control ensuring stock levels are maintained at an appropriate level and meet site NITO targets.
- Support the Site/ Cell SIOP process and monitor demand forecast accuracy and stability by OE and Aftermarket.
- Ensure execution and compliance to all identified strategic objectives.
- Develop functional skills for AMS SIOP team in alignment with BU skills and certification requirements.
- Development of functional processes, work instructions, procedures and standards.
- Support multi-level SIOP reviews, including at the senior leadership level.
- Collaborating with Finance, Contracts/Programs, Supply Chain, Operations, and Repair Stations to validate demand and ensure alignment with supply chain delivery across ES sites.
- Assessing impact on Sales, EBIT, Inventory & Cash associated with SIOP strategy.
- Support integration of SIOP with Materials and Lean including engagement in value stream mapping events across the business unit.
- Maintain a 36-month demand profile identifying gaps to the financial plan.
- Must be able to commit to traveling up to 20% of the time.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience
- Master’s degree and minimum of 5+ years’ experience
Experience / Qualifications:
- 8 years experience with supply chain, operations, and/or material planning
- Experience with lean manufacturing, SIOP, and/or forecasting.
- 3 years leading Demand planning, SIOP and driving business results or relatable experience.
- APICS certification.
- PMP certification.
- Experience presenting to senior level executives.
- Solid work ethic with a focus on collaboration to drive business results.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification with demonstrated experience driving results and implementations of initiatives/changes.
- Demonstrated experience in change leadership and change management.
- Business analytics experience with demonstrated analytical skills specifically in demand forecasting utilizing MAPE, Bias and Forecast Error.
- Drive demand leading indicators of forecast accuracy and bias to yield improved On Time Delivery and Inventory.
- Background with SAP.
- Background with Business Objects or comparable analytics software.
- Highly skilled in utilizing data-based problem-solving methodologies to identify root cause and define solutions.
ob ID 01293250