What you will do
Provide technical insight and lead product development activities to ensure completion of technical activities on time, on budget, and at predetermined COGS.
- Working with the project manager, prepare plans, monitor, manage cross-functional activities, and report on projects to ensure milestones, project costs, and product costs are met.
- Work in collaboration with R&D and cross-functional Engineering personnel (Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Information Systems and Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology, Technical Service and Marketing) in identifying and solving difficult technical problems related to low temperature sterilization and infection control systems.
- Partner with Marketing to ensure effective definition of Customer Requirements and translation into comprehensive product specifications.
- Communicate information or concepts to other functions (Sustaining Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.) related to ideas for cost reductions and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Work with Regulatory group to ensure regulatory requirements of the products developed are met for each country in which they are intended to be marketed.
- Collaborate closely with Quality Assurance to ensure design inputs, design outputs and risk analyses are effectively addressed
Execute activities in technical area of expertise to ensure successful completion of product development as defined in specifications.
Develop detailed designs and documentation in the technical area of expertise, for use by manufacturing to produce inhouse manufactured components, assemblies, and purchased parts to ensure customer defined needs are met.
- Prepare product SKU offerings, product structures, and lists of materials to ensure products, spare parts, and other materials required are configured to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Plan, coordinate and document experiments in technical area of expertise to ensure that defined product requirements are met.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for use by engineering management and senior management for long- and short-range planning or for use by sales engineering personnel in sales or technical services activities.
- Ensure that all design activities carried out in technical expertise are in compliance with Cantel design controls pertinent to regulatory requirements in all key markets.
- Research and assesses emerging technologies, state-of-the-art solutions (external & internal) to foster best practices in the development process, innovation and process efficiencies.
What we are looking for
- BS or MS degree in engineering or technical field (Mechanical or electrical Engineering preferred).
- 5+ years proven experience in technical area of expertise.
- Strong science/technical background, engineering and medical device highly preferred.
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical and market information.
- Must be very customer (internal and external) focused and results driven.
- Extremely strong communication skills (oral, written, developing/giving presentations) are mandatory.
- Proficient with Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software like SolidWorks or Creo.
- Hands-on knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and other computational and analytical methods for structural and fluids analyses is plus.
- Must have demonstrable competence in office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- A good understanding of vacuum chambers, vaporization systems, thermodynamics or plasma systems is a plus.
- This position works in an office environment