The Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Automation and Development is responsible for leveraging automation and Platform tools to deliver agile systems in our public and private cloud infrastructure offerings, including mission-critical infrastructure required to support enterprise operations for the Store Support Center (SSC; Corporate Functions), Distribution Centers, and Stores.
Role includes responsibility for support and development of container and cloud-based platforms to enable greater agility with fulfillment to accomplish company growth initiatives.
Technologies in scope include public and private cloud technology platforms, PaaS, IaaS, compute and storage infrastructure, virtualization, containers, kubernetes, infrastructure automation tools, and shared-service applications.
- Support IT cloud and containerization strategy to enable greater agility with fulfillment of infrastructure services
- Contribute to the team that supports all Tractor Supply IT departments by providing common platform components such as service frameworks, logging, messaging, monitoring and deployment pipeline automation.
- Support and maintain a delivery platform that provides the stability, scalability and availability demands of the business through infrastructure lifecycle, improvement and standardization strategies.
- Be familiar with and combine elements of a platform and ensure delivery of identified platform enhancements.
- Assist the Engineering team with internal infrastructure projects which may require cross departmental coordination to achieve goals.
- Deliver the objectives associated with problem management, such as customer communication and root cause analysis reports.
- Foster key vendor relationships and contract performance.
- Document internal SOPs, processes and training to ensure team members have the needed tools and information to support the production environments and deliver on project commitments.
Experience: 2 to 5 years related work experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: None.
High Demand IT Specialized skills: Public and Private Cloud Technologies / Kubernetes / Containerization and platform services.
- Cloud services (Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Bluemix)
- Container and Platform services (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, CI/CD Pipeline)
- Scripting Languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell, PowerCLI, JSON, KSH)
- Hyper-converged Platforms (Nutanix, Simplivity, V-San)
- Microsoft and Linux based Operating systems
- Assist in or independently create robust, scalable, and high-quality automation solutions for infrastructure defined software development; mentor other less experienced automation engineers
- Practice and drive engineering practices such as DevOps
- Virtualization services (VMware, Azure Stack, AHV)
- Development experience with at least one infrastructure automation tool such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Experience managing Enterprise Infrastructure systems preferred
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and cloud services preferred
- Excellent Analytical And Problem-solving Skills.
- SDLC Waterfall and Agile knowledge preferred
- Strong understanding of ITIL core principles for incident, request, change, and problem management.
- Retail industry preferred