UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Responsible for the maintenance of designs and documentation of Commercial Unitary packaged rooftops & split systems and their major sub-section and their related sub-assemblies.
- Create designs and the documentation drawings & BOM thru the engineering release process
- Responsible for small projects or major sub-sections for existing product families
- Provide daily direction for design detailers and contract designers
- Ensure designs meet both industry & Carrier design standards
- Interfaces with manufacturing to ensure designs met the manufacturing process requirements
- Create designs that minimize KC/KPC, and assist in the identification and documentation of the remaining ones
- Proved significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the product design & documentation
- Responsible for the interaction with the model shop for fabrication of both piece parts and ECS unit assembly
- Knowledge and experience with Windchill & ProE, especially the sheet metal, piping, large assemblies drawing packages
- Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role, continuing to develop specialized knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of the products, engineering documentation system and the ability to work within an engineering design team
- Working knowledge of manufacturing fabrication and assembly methods
- Previous relevant job history experience in HVAC product design and/or product sustaining
- Proficient with MS Word & MS Excel
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with factory
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or related field with 7 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or related technical discipline with 5 years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.