At Bose, we’ve spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their homes, in automobiles, in airplanes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. To create and deliver those products to our customers, Bose relies on exceptional people. We are stretching our vision and obsessive approach to providing customer benefit by focusing on improving people’s lives in fundamentally new ways beyond audio entertainment. If the prospect of making a positive, tangible impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other passionate, smart people, then we want to meet you!
We have a dynamic, collaborative team with a primary focus on addressing employee-relations matters. This group works closely with managers, employees, internal stakeholders, and business leaders throughout the company to resolve employee relations matters through investigation, coaching and counseling. As the subject matter expert in Employee Relations, this role will collaborate with HR leadership, HR Business Partners, functional HR colleagues, and other internal key partners (Legal, Security, Compliance, etc.) to perform the following:
- Counsel managers and employees concerning, and respond to questions about, a variety of employment related issues, including but not limited to workplace conflict, performance management, disciplinary action and policy interpretation.
- Review, develop plan to address, and ultimately resolve heightened employee relations cases that surface from appeals or escalation.
- Conduct timely and thorough investigations into complex claims that include but are not limited to allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, etc.
- Provide ongoing support, training, and coaching in the area of ER best practices and corporate standards to global HR colleagues.
- Conduct climate assessments within business units to diagnose workplace issues, identify areas of opportunities, and develop and propose recommendations and actions to improve overall work climate.
- Conduct exit interviews to obtain feedback, identify trends and provide insightful employee turnover information to HR Business Partners and business leaders.
- Participate in and/or manage a wide variety of Employee Relations-related, cross-functional or enterprise wide projects.
- Minimum of 10 years of related Human Resources experience working on a broad range of employee relations matters
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills; ability to manage a high volume of cases and ability to prioritize, analyze data, and identify and propose methods for continuous improvement
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational awareness and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment
BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline; MA/MS degree preferred