Job ID 78519 Date posted 01/03/2018 Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Sr. Employee Relations Consultant
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Health Sr. Employee Relations Consultant your responsibilities will include situations of discrimination claims, harassment and sexual harassment complaints and insures the System’s compliance with all applicable federal and state laws pertaining to non-discrimination. Prepare System’s case in response to litigation arising with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) and state and federal courts. You will be asked to coordinate the efforts of the System’s outside employment law counsel.
Manage the System’s Dispute Resolution procedures and counsels employees on their issues of disparate treatment. Assist in maintaining a positive employee relations environment. Serves as the content expert resource, advisor and trainer to Human Resource Consultants throughout the System on matters related to the responsibilities of this position.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Background in Healthcare
- PHR or SPHR is preferred
- 8years relevant employee relations experience at a large, complex organization of at least 1,500 employees, that includes direct EEO, ADAA, AAP,OFCCP and labor relations experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum of at least 3 years recent experience working hands-on by providing Employee Relations consultation in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Advance knowledge of HR functions, practices, policies, employment law and regulations. Demonstrated customer service and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation skills and must be able to handle matters in a discrete and confidential manner.
- Must be able to assume responsibility without direct supervision (work independently) and prioritize workload.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ablility to make sound assessments and judgments. Able to use critical thinking to resolve issues.
Additional Skills Required:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to gain proficiency with new software.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills. Ability to manage competing priorities effectively and accurately in a fast paced, high transaction environment.
- Internally motivated with ability to plan, and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
- Demonstrated experience to work as part of and in support of a team. The ability to develop and apply strategy and tactics at a senior level for complying with appropriate laws and regulations working with Management in assessing future needs and developing innovative programs of positive employee relations.