Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range ofproducts.
Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of our clients and ourselves. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
As an Embedded Solutions Engineer, you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business using your engineering expertise. You will be expected to reframe their thinking and build consensus for Microchip's solutions, co-creating value by delivering the freedom to innovate.
- Be an authority in connected embedded systems, software tools, solutions, techniques, and Microchip products.
- Advise on implementation of innovative ideas and solutions for assigned clients.
- Provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tool support for assignedclients.
- Continuously and proactively develop technical skills in connected embedded systems including tools, libraries, frameworks, and other technologies.
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve end product performance.
- Utilize Microchip's Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue atassigned clients.
- Use insight and influencing skills to offer clients unique perspectives on technology that link to Microchip solutions.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment to successfully develop and implement strategies for assigned clients across all global locations.
- Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback to measure ROI in assigned client investments (solutions and products).
Engineering Skill Set Required
- Strong proficiency in C required. Experience in assembly, C++, and wireless libraries, frameworks and RTOS a big plus.
- Ability to deconstruct a product into a system level block diagram required.
- Knowledge of local and personal area network topologies, profiles and protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 variants) a big plus.
- Experience with internet communication and security protocols (TCP/UDP/IP, TLS1.2) a big plus.
- Experience with web transfer data protocols and formats (HTTP, MQTT, and CoAP) a big plus.
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, IoT platforms, and Software as a Service partner integration necessary to connect the total system a big plus.
- Understanding of general connectivity theory down to device level implementations ofedge nodes.
- Skills in schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, test and debug are preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. BSEE, BSCE) with a strong academic track record.
- Relevant work experience (+7 years).
- Preferable two years of experience in semiconductor application/sales.
- Technical Skills (see Engineering Skill Set Required).
- Strategic/Critical Thinking—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members todevise solutions to solve complex client challenges.
- Communication—Tailors communication to the client's needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal toclients to drive conversations to elements of value for both parties.
- Networking—Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly todrive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internalstakeholders for success.
- Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive toachieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative.
- Workflow/Project Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
- Ability to manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously.
- Microchip's non-commissioned total compensation and benefits package includes a competitive base salary, bonus aligned with company goals, employee stock purchase program, health insurance coverage, etc.
- Opportunity to manage technical projects at accounts on an entrepreneurial and collaborative basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities toapplicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws