The Platforms and Data Enablement group is seeking a skilled Sr. Embedded Software Engineer for the Austin development team. This person would help create the next generation of platforms and technologies built into our IT/edge and datacenter infrastructure products. A successful candidate could be skilled in any of several areas of expertise: embedded Linux OS development, networking and connectivity protocols, scalable distributed data management, embedded application development, or modern industrial IOT design. Our team focuses on developing applications which range from low-level firmware and OS interfaces through management software and distributed cloud connectivity.
- Work with team leads and product managers to design, estimate, and develop software solutions and new features to meet our customer's needs.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and perform failure analysis on software components and systems.
- Research and develop proofs of concept for new technologies or methodologies to be used in our applications.
- Document and communicate specifications for new features and changes to existing functionality.
- Interface with internal engineering, test, and management teams to support ongoing product needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience specific to embedded development preferred
- C/C++, Python, and/or Linux OS/driver development expertise
- Network protocol knowledge.
- Full IoT stack architecture expertise