Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
D3 Engineering is seeking an experienced Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to execute the complete embedded software life cycle across multiple processor platforms. The goal is to create scalable and optimized real-time embedded software systems.
D3 Engineering develops embedded systems for cutting-edge, performance-critical products. We help the industry's most innovative original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) incorporate our advanced vision, sensor and control technologies into their next-generation designs.
A privately funded engineering firm in Rochester, NY, we are growing rapidly and are always on the lookout for talented, energetic people in electronic product development, hardware design, and software design.We specialize in embedded product development with DSP, ARM, and FPGA processors. Typically, we are integrated with our customers' design teams where we produce real-time prototypes that migrate to pilot production and ultimately reach full-scale production.
Our engineers get the best of two worlds?the opportunity to engage in state-of-the-art, large-company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere. You can expect hands-on design experience, a high level of responsibility, and exposure to leading-edge technology.
We are particularly interested in candidates with experience using DSP and FPGA architectures to develop digital systems for video processing, power, and motion control. Expertise with real time Linux is a plus. In addition to the Sr. role listed below, we are hiring for mid and early career level software candidates as well. Feel free to apply.
Core responsibilities for this position will encompass involvement in requirements definition & architecture, software design, implementing software, unit test and software/hardware integration.
- Working with embedded processors running ?Bare metal, real-time operating systems and Linux on custom circuit cards. Will be responsible for a variety of technical tasks including assisting with board bring-up, developing driver and application level code, and system verification.
- Conduct and oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Drive process and standards improvement efforts.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects. Provide a high level of mentoring to other Software Engineers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and work effort. May develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Expert knowledge of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- FPGA programming experience is a plus.
- Up to dateexperience with an Embedded Linux platform, its configuration, board support packages, boot loaders, kernel, drivers, and application development is highly desired.
- Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain and Linux development tools.
- Experience with the creation of custom Embedded Linux system platforms and associated SDK using Open Embedded based tools such as Yocto.
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of simulation and analysis tools including editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers, code analyzers, version control systems (GIT/SVN), software testing tools, etc.
- Experience developing drivers for SPI, I2C, Flash, Timers, GPIO, Interrupts
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Capable of a big picture, system oriented approach
- Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a project lead
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering discipline along with 5+ years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination.
- Demonstrated subject matter experience.
- Masters Preferred
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. *
For more information about D3 Engineering, please visit
*Note: We are not able to sponsor or transfer any visas at this time.
No 3rd Parties, please!
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.