Ensuring Chart’s Success…
Caire's Georgia facility is currently seeking candidates interested in the position of Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer. The successful candidate will join the Electrical Engineering team in CAIRE medical division, at the global headquarters in Georgia. This individual will work on CAIRE’s oxygen therapy medical devices, with a focus on electronic embedded system design, as part of larger cross-disciplinary electro-mechanical design teams. This senior engineer will integrate into the full product life cycle, from design and development to transfer to manufacturing and sustaining activities.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be…
- Develop electrical embedded systems for electro-mechanical medical devices with the cross functional design team
- Design and develop firmware and/or hardware solutions to meet system design specs
- Firmware development utilizing programmable hardware and microcontrollers interfacing analog and digital sensors, user interface display and controls, motor control, and electro-pneumatic systems control with pressure feedback
- Develop control and power management firmware to maximize power consumption, system reliability and performance.
- Develop test and diagnostics software to support bench testing and field service
- Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
- Evaluation of product non-conformances and implement design improvements.
Your Professional Experience Should Be…
- At least seven years’ experience in Embedded Firmware development, or Master’s degree and five years’ experience
- Proficient with ARM or PIC microcontrollers and programmable SoC
- Proven C programming language abilities
- Ability to debug firmware and software on hardware platforms using oscilloscope and other lab equipment
- Experience with communication protocols, such as I2C, SPI, USB
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well in an integrated team environment
- Experienced Firmware Architect of an integrated Mixed Signal system
- Experience with control systems, such as motor control and electro-pneumatic systems
- Software development experience using C#
- Development experience using analog & digital circuit design and sensor integration
- Experience with Medical Device ISO 13485, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment such as military or automotive
- Power management optimization and smart battery experience
- Experience implementing wireless protocols Bluetooth, WIFI, and/or LTE
Your Education Should Be…
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
Your Physical Work Environment Will Require…
- Ability to work in an office environment
- This position will require the ability to move around the lab and production floor to address production issues relating to products and equipment.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8 hrs/day.
- May need to be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Chart is an equal opportunity employer