Vivint is seeking a senior engineer to lead efforts to improve the customer experience with security cameras and drive down service costs.
What you will be working on:
Vivint is applying years of experience in the home to create the world's best integrated Smart Home experience. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job. You will be developing and improving products used daily by millions of customers.
The senior engineer will be focused on using data analytics and customer feedback to identify and improve the full camera experience for our customers.
Who you will work with:
You will partner across the organization and impact the entire camera engineering stack. A successful candidate will be self-directed, with a passion for the customer experience.
What we’re looking for:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science (or related field) plus 8+ years of work experience
- Excellent programming skills with experience in embedded system (ARM) design and development preferred
- Experience with UDP, TCP/IP and knowledgeable of other common standard IP protocols, including capturing and analyzing packets from various network protocols
- Experience with video streaming protocols: RTP/RTSP, WebRTC and MPEG-TS
- Experience with video proxies, P2P protocols and video frameworks
- Experience with image sensor pipelines and HDR
- Understanding video codecs such as H.264 and H.265 as well as audio codecs such as G711 and Opus
- Experience with GStreamer and constructing custom pipelines
- Experience with remote debugging via gdb
- Passionate to create exceptional video experiences
- Passionate about gadgets and smart devices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage.