On behalf of our World Class Aerospace Industry client in East Aurora, NY, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Sr. Electronics Product Engineer
- Initiate clear production assembly/test instructions to operations personnel to maintain efficient production. These instructions include formal Work Instructions, Acceptance Test Procedures, Engineering Memos, Electronic Historical Record entries and Engineering Change Notices.
- Define and schedule the development of equipment to meet production requirements for the operations department. These include assembly fixtures & tools, production flow-line systems, and test equipment.
- Assure and maintain product integrity and quality. The Sr. Electronics Product Engineer does this buy collaborating with other company resources to resolve production problems, performing Material Review Board analyses, and assisting in evaluation for possible notice of escape to customers.
- Track key company metrics including, but not limited to, First Pass Yield, product cost objectives and On-time Delivery. These metrics may be used to support the goals of other departments.
- Interface with and/or travel to contract manufacturers or suppliers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all design principles associated with the assigned product.
- Support the facilitation of design changes driven by the above items by redlining drawings, attending Change Review Board and starting the ECN process.
- Prepare and issue Failure Analysis and/or Engineering Reports.
- Train, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of Associate Product Engineers and Co-ops to support department goals.
- Identify areas for producibility and quality improvements in production assembly/test and product design. Initiate these changes and plan for schedule impacts.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant technical experience; OR MS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of relevant technical experience; OR BTE Degree in Engineering with 8+ years of relevant technical experience
- Experience with PCB troubleshooting and circuit analysis to the schematic/component level
- This position requires access to US export-controlled information.
· Working knowledge of electronic products, including top level, sub-assemblies and component levels
· Working knowledge of electronics assembly and test areas, including extensive interfacing with technicians
· Working knowledge of electronics test and measurement equipment
· General knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) assembly processes
· Proven experience coordinating and interfacing with customers and/or suppliers on complex projects or issues.
· General knowledge in areas of Root Cause/Corrective Action, LEAN Project Planning, Product line transfer and Data Acquisition and Analysis.
Lacre Staffing appreciates your referrals. If candidate is referred and hired, bonus will be paid to individual making the referral. Great people know great candidates.