$80K — $100K *
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Come be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products! We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Sr. Electronics Engineer, you will be the technical lead and Certified Principle Engineer (CPE) for control system electronics for missiles, gimbal drives, steering mirrors and spacecraft.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing an integrated program solution for missile data handling, telemetry and commanding.
• Working across the program to determine data, commanding and control interfaces and will work to tailor a subsystem that will meet program requirements.
• Lead trade studies targeted at reducing cost while maintaining performance.
You will be the technical point of contact for several interactions including Program Management, Customers, Subcontractors, Vendors as well as internal Engineering resources.
YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
• 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
• Willing and able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Thus you are a US Citizen.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Direct experience in leading teams in electronics or electrical systems, test and qualification of avionics electronics power electronics and/or controls systems.
• Experience with high-reliability electronics through the entire product lifecycle.
• Experience with defense systems, the armed forces and government.
• Experience with technical and programmatic interaction with subcontractors, fabricators, manufacturers, etc.
• Demonstrated success in leading teams in a fast paced environment.
• Experience in teaching, training and instruction of electrical systems and/or electronics.
• Experience in various phases of the aerospace electronic product development cycle and knowledge of front end product development, including generation of requirements and interfaces, mechanical and thermal packaging, analog and digital design, and the transition to production.
• Capable of understanding and evaluating information provided by subcontractors and make recommendations based on their technical inputs.
• Experience delivering flight hardware as CPE or delegate CPE
• Proficiency in HW/SW integration, embedded systems and digital design (FPGA/ASIC)
• Ability to present informal status briefings to LM Management and Customers
• Background in electronics and/or controls systems
• Knowledge and experience in the creation and maintenance of specifications, ICDs, and Engineering drawings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated expertise in the design and operation of electronic hardware systems
• Demonstrated ability to resolve engineering challenges under a variety of competing schedule demands
• Experience with generation of specifications and interface control documentation.Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Valid through: 10/24/2020
$150K — $250K