Tracking Code 38420
Work on the design and development of various electro-mechanical, electronic, electrical subsystems under development within an engineering or manufacturing facility. Perform all the engineering tasks necessary to complete assignments from concept and feasibility, through specification and design, ending with complete documentation, test procedures and first installation support. May lead system level design and distribution of functions into components. Expected to provide different approaches to solve problems and report on the trade offs of the different methods. Hands-on debugging, integration and final testing of assignments required. Provide estimates for cost and time requirements for assignments.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Assignments may include involvement of conception of new products, and development and enhancements to products, and problem investigation for current products.
- Ability to present technical information on projects to non technical staff to aid in decision making.
- Works effectively and positively in a team environment with other technical disciplines (physical and chemical sciences, mechanical and software engineering) and technical resources (assembly and service technicians) to identify approach and to achieve overall product development goals.
- Generates plans, estimates andrequired documentation for completion of assignments including:Identifies and completes necessary feasibility and component testing for assignments,reports results with evaluationof methods to achieve goals.
- Technical specification and requirements
- Assist with recommendations for staff requirements for project completion
- Necessary feasibility and component testing for assignment
- Completion schedules
- Product cost target
- Testing methods
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions using appropriate analysis, technical knowledge and engineering methods.
- Hands-on debugging, integration and final testing of assignments required with some travel (usually less than 10%)
- Performs varied work that is substantially varied and complex. Works on diverse scope, which requires in-depth analysis.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment involving complex tasks. Works under minimal supervision.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members in a mentoring capacity.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelordegree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-10 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Detailed Skill Requirements
- Deep working understanding of digital and analog design techniques, as well as a knowledge of electronic components including active, passive, electro-mechanical actuators and interconnect types to facilitate the design, build, testing, and integration of components, subsystems and processes for our customers.
- Able to understand and create specifications to allow completion of assignments with interfaces to other components.
- Able to define interfaces in a cross-disciplinary
- Design PCB board from concept to completion using industry recognized tools and procedures.
- Ability to define interfaces in a cross-disciplinary team.
- 2 to 4years of experience with FPGA design using techniques such as HDL’s and schematic entry for both design and verification.
- Experience in programming languages including Assembly and ‘C’ in both the PC and embedded environments. Demonstrate a strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows and other environments as well as other technical tools to complete work assignments as needed.
- Ability to skillfully identify when and how to use electronic and electrical analysis tools including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Ability to work closely with vendors as wells as end customers to help deliver effective solutions and products.
- Ability to work with and lead engineers a well as participating in system level design roles with the senior engineering staff.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation and test plans as required.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
- Experience with RFID readers and tags a plus.
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.