Our client is a globally recognized premier manufacturer of state of the art capital equipment that has truly set the bar in the industry. Their ultra-precision single point and multi-axis equipment is unquestionably the highest perfection in the world. They are looking to add a Senior Electro Mechanical Design Engineer to their ultraprecision electro optics division.
The individual in this key role will manage and direct the design, detail and specification of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components for use in ultra-precision machine tools. This includes the creation of system design specifications utilizing 3D modeling software, and working with and managing a product design team to ensure a timely design to production process that meets budgetary and project specifications. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a history of creative problem solving, and will have hands on experience with integration and design assemblies from conception and prototyping through production and user experience.
- Manage and lead assigned projects to ensure adherence to specifications and conformance to schedules allowing for timely completion within budgetary guidelines.
- Conceptualize and Design components utilizing 3D modeling software.
- Create bills of material and participate in sourcing recommendations.
- Participate in the management of vendor relationships and monitoring of conformance.
- Generate technical documentation, such as product manuals and engineering bulletins.
- Process engineering changes (ECOs) and participate in engineering design review meetings.
- Interface with Service, Manufacturing, and Planning as necessary to maintain process flow of components through production.
- Research and compile data to ensure specifications are accurate and reflect actual product.
- Hardware verification testing on the Assembly floor using tools and capacitance gauges, programming and operation of CNC machines, PID process controllers, electronic indicators, accelerometers, laser positioning accuracy testing equipment, etc.
- Interface with customers on a regular basis, and participate in sales activities such as trade shows as needed. Travel to customer locations and assist with Service on installations and repairs as necessary.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering along with at least 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- General understanding of electro-optical components and undergrad physics, such as LEDs, photodiodes, Micro-electronics, EPROMs, sensors, servos, connectors, etc.
- Basic understanding of optics and lenses/sensors would be desirable.
- Skilled with algebra, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Experience with analysis methods and equipment including: Finite Element Analysis, Vibration Modal Analysis, Spindle
- Experienced in materials science, electromechanical systems, metrology and electrical components.
- Knowledge of CNC programming, machining theory, tools and techniques.
Comprehensive benefits including over-matched 401(k). Relocation offered.
About the Area
Our client's community is a gem. Beautiful downtown, major new indoor and outdoor recreation facilities, top Eastern ski resorts nearby, landmark mountains and trails for hiking, cross country, biking and motorsports. Public school funding 80% above national average, median home prices under $175,000, 5 Colleges nearby, 3 private schools. Excellent National and local retail & restaurants. Less than 2 hours to Boston and Atlantic beaches.