The Sr. Electrical Manufacturing Engineer plays a vital role in the development and refinement of manufacturing processes and procedures of Electrical Assemblies. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will be tasked to identify opportunities for ongoing improvement and to achieve the highest possible levels of product quality and manufacturing efficiency. All efforts and initiatives within this role are gated to increase the output capability of the manufacturing facility, reduce manufacturing waste and cost, and yield the highest levels of product quality to further the reputation of the Company.
- ·Understand electrical power system architecture, high voltage/high power solutions – 100KW to 3MW
- Analyze customer requirements, electrical specifications, data sheets, wiring details and equipment sizing
- Review harness drawings, interconnect diagrams and system models
- Analyze printed circuit cards, schematics, layout
- Champions and facilitates the engineering change process and all relevant communication/documentation to help drive NPI efficiency improvements
- Create new/update Standard Operating Procedures within the CAD System
- Maintain/change Bill of Materials for the new/existing products
- Improve risk management using Process FMEA
- Supporting continuous improvements of project process, product, and system design via provision of lessons learned feedback
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of products and related manufacturing objectives and constraints.
- Interfaces with ERP system to generate reports/metrics and to manage inventory as well as to plan effectivity strategies
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from technicians.
- Supports supplier quality initiatives by thoroughly understanding parts/components needs and limitations; drives expectations of performance with suppliers and addresses issues that arise.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in engineering; electrical, industrial; Masters preferred
- Experience with High voltage/high power systems preferred
- Experience with CAD software
- Six Sigma green belt/black belt preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of related work experience; experience within a high-tech manufacturing operation is highly preferred